Olsen twins, Alexander Wang among Forbes’ most influential trendsetters
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Carly Cushnie, Alexander Wang, the Olsen twins and Michael Avedon have been highlighted in this year's Forbes '30 Under 30' list of style.
For the magazine's second annual 30 Under 30 list, Forbes decided to tweak last year's Art and Design category to Art and Style, the emphasis being on about-town trend setters who are accomplished in the arts and fashion industries.
London-born fashion designer Carly Cushnie launched her label straight out of design school with business partner Michelle Ochs, who is not officially included in the list but is mentioned alongside Cushnie.
The duo's big break came when Bergdorf Goodman picked up their very first collection for spring 2009, the Daily Mail reported.
Three years later and Cushnie et Ochs is now stocked at Saks, Neiman Marcus and U.K.-based Harvey Nichols, and worn by the likes of Jessica Alba, Rihanna, Reese Witherspoon, Elizabeth Hurley and of course, Michelle Obama.
Also on the list is Ashley and Mary Kate Olsen and Alexander Wang.
The celebrity design twins have created a successful fashion empire, including designer labels The Row and Elizabeth and James, as well as a customized T-shirt website called StyleMint.
Meanwhile Wang, the king of New York's downtown cool, has recently taken over the helm of Balenciaga from Nicolas Ghesquiere.
The designer grew his line of slouchy tees into an award-winning lifestyle brand including some of the most coveted shoes and accessories in fashion today.
Sally LaPointe is another talented designer in the 30 Under 30. Five collections in to her tailored yet feminine women's clothing line, she has already dressed Lady Gaga and performer Julianne Hough.
Blogger Leadra Medine of 'The Man Repeller' fame, who had launched her blog in 2010 when she was just a 21-year-old journalism student still living in Manhattan, also made it to the list.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’