Omar Abdullah expresses grief over Reasi road accident
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has expressed grief over the loss of lives in a road accident near Mahore area of in the Reasi district today.
Nine persons were killed and 6 others injured when their vehicle skidded off the road and rolled down into a deep gorge in Soit area.
In his condolence message, the Chief Minister conveyed his sympathy to the bereaved families and prayed for early recovery of the injured.
Omar directed the Divisional Administration and Health Department to provide all necessary medical treatment to the injured.
Expressing concern over the frequent road accidents in Chenab valley region, Omar directed the concerned authorities to review the scenario and work out strategy to curb the mishaps.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet