'Omar Abdullah's advice was ignored on Afzal Guru hanging'
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
UPA ally National Conference on Wednesday criticised the government on the issue of hanging of Afzal Guru, saying the demand of Jammu and Kashmir CM Omar Abdullah to delay the execution to avoid law and order problem in the state was ignored.
Towing his party's stand on the issue, NC member Mirza Mehboob Beg said the hanging of the assassins of Rajiv Gandhi and former Punjab chief minister Beant Singh was delayed after the Tamil Nadu and the Punjab governments claimed it could lead to law and order problems.
He said the Centre ignored the J&K CM's advice that Guru's hanging could create law and order crisis in the state. "He (Abdullah) finds it difficult to answer questions... He is facing problems," Beg said while participating in the discussion on Motion of Thanks to the President's address.
He said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should ensure that Afzal's body is returned to his family.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chiefís son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM