On anvil: An additional road to railway station
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Madras High Court issues notice to BCCI, Sports Minister over IPL spot-fixing
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- Govt further cuts import tariff value of gold
The new road would provide an additional entrance to the station. This would ensure that the entrance to the station is not clogged when a large number of vehicles come to the station to pick and drop passengers. It has been witnessed that there is a surge of vehicles, especially during the arrival and departure of Kalka Shatabdi to Delhi. The vehicles jostle for space and the parking lot overflows, forcing people to park outside.
The power cabin that is present at the railway station would be broken down and a road constructed from there, connecting it with the road in front of the railway station. An additional parking area would also be constructed to facilitate the commuters. A proposal to increase the existing parking area is also doing the rounds.
A railway official says traffic snarls are witnessed when private vehicles enter the station to pick or drop passengers. It gets difficult to find space to park. He adds that keeping this in view a proposal for an additional entrance has been mooted. The commercial and private vehicles can be segregated.
Recently, some residents of Makhan Majra village made representations to Union Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal to get a gate open that reduces the distance for the villagers to the railway station. The gate had been closed several years ago.
During the recent visit of General Manager, Northern Railways, V K Gupta several proposals for sprucing up the railway station were discussed. A proposal to construct an overbridge from Mauli Jagran to connect to the station is likely to be revived. Officials say that the proposal was mooted several years ago, but no progress was made. It may finally see the light of day.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow