On eve of results, BJP gets ready for Modi swearing-in
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
With exit polls predicting a landslide victory for the BJP in Gujarat, Chief Minister Narendra Modi exuded confidence on Wednesday. The state party unit, meanwhile, has already begun preparations for his swearing-in ceremony.
"Reviewed preparations for the upcoming Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2013 today at Mahatma Mandir," Modi tweeted Wednesday, on the eve of counting of votes. The 'Vibrant Gujarat' investors' summit is scheduled to be held in mid-January.
While the government's general administration department is preparing to print the invitation cards for Modi's swearing-in ceremony, the venue has already been decided — the Sardar Patel stadium in Ahmedabad where Modi was sworn in the last two times. The date has been tentatively fixed for December 25, the birthday of former prime minister A B Vajpayee.
Modi, meanwhile, held the last cabinet meeting of the incumbent government in Gandhinagar today. "Work on the Narmada water grid project for Kutch, Saurashtra is going on at quick pace. Chaired high-level meet to review it," he tweeted.
Modi also tweeted about visiting former Gujarat chief minister Madhavsinh Solanki, who is undergoing treatment at a hospital here.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’