On Jain’s FB page: Rahul, Sonia still in list of ‘inspirational people’
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Though Joginderpal Jain has filed his nomination last Saturday as the SAD candidate for the February 23 Moga bypoll, following his recent defection from the Congress, when it comes to his Facebook page, he is still in the Congress.
While Rahul Gandhi, Sonia Gandhi, Rajiv Gandhi, Indira Gandhi, Captain Amarinder Singh and Manmohan Singh make it to his list of "inspirational" people, Jain is also seen promoting 'All India Congress Committee', 'Support Congress Moga', 'Ludhiana Congress Urban', 'Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee', 'Indian National Congress', 'Achievements of UPA Government', 'Ludhiana Congress Urban' and many other Congress related pages by "liking these" and asking people to join in.
Interestingly, while his son Akshit Jain has put the photograph of Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal popping laddoo in Jain's mouth, Akshit still mentions his profession as the "president of Indian Youth Congress, Moga constituency".
"Most of Jain's friends on Facebook are from the Congress. The party symbol flashing on Jain's account creates confusion in the minds of the voters, especially the youth, who depend on platforms like Facebook for campaigning updates. This can prove dangerous for our party and Jain should immediately take notice of this," said a SAD leader from Moga.
Jain's only photograph of Sukhbir welcoming him to SAD has also drawn a flak from residents of Moga. With several comments, they have tried to express their anguish against leaders practising defection. Comments like gandi rajneeti (bad politics), vikaau maal (saleable material) and 'non-understandable Punjab politics' have been posted on his photopgraph with Sukhbir.
People from SAD, like Education Minister Sikander Singh Maluka, have also made its to Jain's list of friends.
"This is actually creating a political rainbow leading to doubts in the minds of young voters. This is not sending right signals to the people of Moga," said Ekjot Singh, who will vote for the first time.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held