On JD-U ticket, professor challenges his MLA boss
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
"The caste certificate is a must for getting government jobs and benefiting from government schemes," Arjun said.
"But sitting Congress MLA Mohansinh is totally silent on the issue. He did not take up the matter with the state government," Arjun further said.
He also alleged that the state government had deliberately removed a large number of tribals from the tribals' list, resulting into unrest among the educated youths. "This is a major issue for the tribals of Chhota Udepur and Pavi Jetpur talukas," Arjun said.
"But no body is listening to them. Educated tribals don't have any voice as their leadership is unable to understand them," Arjun said.
Mohansinh, on being questioned, admitted that tribal youths were not getting caste certificates. "But what can I as a Congress MLA do when there is BJP government in the state for 20 years," the veteran Congress leader said. "This was not the problem when Congress was ruling in the state," Mohansinh added.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’