On Narendra Modi comment, President Pranab Mukherjee lobs ball back
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Prez Pranab returned today from Bangladesh and ran into a Narendra Modi-created row. "You have your own assessment," President Pranab Mukherjee said tonight on being asked about Narendra Modi's comments that he would have been a better choice as PM than Manmohan Singh.
The cryptic one liner came when reporters accompanying him back from his three-day state visit to Bangladesh put the poser.
Modi had while addressing the BJP conclave on Sunday suggested that Mukherjee, a veteran Congress leader who became the President last July, could have been a better Prime Minister.
"Had Pranab Mukherjee been made the Prime Minister in place of Manmohan Singh then perhaps there would not have suffered so much damage as he is more connected to the ground, understands the problems and can think about the solutions," the Gujarat Chief Minister had said.
".... But if Mukherjee had been successful then the worry of Congress was what will happen to the (Gandhi) family. So they put the country in the hands of somebody as a night watchman," he had said amidst his strong attack on the Congress rule.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow