On Statehood Day, HP raises pension
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh, while presiding over the statehood function in Sunni area — an old town bordering Karsog sub-division of Mandi district, announced a number of schemes aiming to benefit the people.
Social security pensions, which mainly cover old-age, widow and handicapped persons are currently being given to 2.84 lakh people. After the raise, the liability on the state will go up by nearly Rs 18 crore.
Virbhadra Singh recalled rapid progress made by Himachal Pradesh during past four decades and resolved that state will be made a model of hill development in next five years time with greater focus on education, hydro-power generation, development of horticulture sector and tourism promotion.
The chief minister later laid the foundation stone of an old-age home at Basantpur in Shimla, to be constructed at a cost of Rs. 3.66 crore.
5 police officers get President's medal
Inspector General of Police B N S Negi, Chief Vigilance Officer, Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam, SPs Virender Sharma and Ajay Singh Bodh, and two police inspectors Nidhi Singh and Bhagwan Singh were awarded on the eve of Republic Day, on Friday, with the President's medal for their distinguished services. Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh and Director General of Police I D Bhandari congratulated the police officials.
Free ambulance service for mother and newborn child after delivery under Janani Suraksha Yojna
Creation of new Sub-tehsil at Dhami and upgradation of schools
Hydropower and tourism development to get high priority; 5,000 MW power generation to be added in next five years
Upgradation of Primary Health Centre Halog Dhami to Community Health Centre
Construction of multi-purpose stadium at Katasani near Shimla; new ITI in rural Shimla
Pollution-free, income generating industries to be encouraged
Enhance area of land under irrigation by 40 per cent in five years
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'