On Valentine’s Day, Delhi has a date with rain
This Valentine's Day another spell of rain and thundershower are expected to drench Delhi. The India Meteorological Department (IMD) said this round of rainfall could be heavier than the previous that broke the 70-year record for the month of February.
Officials said another set of cold and wet air mass is moving towards Delhi, and is expected to bring moderate snowfall in Jammu and Kashmir and Uttarakhand. The IMD predicted that the storm will be at its peak on Friday and Saturday nights, with chances of hail and thunder squalls.
Last week, similar air masses brought 46 mm rainfall in 24 hours in Delhi.
Officials said rainfall is also expected in Punjab, Haryana, north Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh. After the storm, officials predict the mercury will drop on February 18 for a couple of days and fog will roll in.
Tuesday, however, is expected to be clear after some mist and fog in the morning. The temperatures are expected to stay between 24 and 9 degrees Celsius.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow