One killed as truck driver steps on the gas to cross traffic lights
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Kulwant Singh Jagga, a Manimajra resident, said, "The truck driver hit a cyclist, went onto the median, hit the motorcyclist, two cars and then turned to the left side of the road and hit my car, two other cars which were not damaged much and drove away and then a two-wheeler which was coming from the slip road. The truck hit a streetlight pole on the median after which it slowed down and came to a halt."
Tarun, an auto-rickshaw driver, said, "I was on the other side of the road and it all happened in just a split second. I saw it all. The truck hit everything which came in its way."
The driver of the truck has been identified as Jaspal Singh, a resident of Mohali.
Ajinder Singh, a resident of Sangrur who died on the spot, was riding the motorcycle and was dragged along by the truck.
"There was a turban lying on the road. Remains of his motorcycle were lying all over the road," said Traffic Police Inspector Malkiat Singh.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet