One more cop hit on duty, Manimajra resident booked
In another incident in which a police official was injured, the UT Police has booked a resident of Manimajra who had injured a Traffic Police Sub-Inspector posted at a naka to check drunken driving. S-I Surinder Singh was hit by a car driven by Sukhdev Singh, a resident of Pipliwala town, at a naka in Sector 26 on Madhya Marg on Sunday night.
"Sukhdev was coming from Sector 7 when he was signalled to stop at the naka. Sukhdev's car hit a barricade. SI Surinder Singh, who was on duty near the barricade, got hit and suffered minor injuries," said a police official.
Police officials who were on duty at the naka noted the registration number of the car and a message was flashed to all the PCR vehicles and nakas through the wireless sets .
The driver of the car was chased by the UT Police and was finally arrested in Manimajra.
The injured S-I was taken to the Government Multi-Specialty Hospital, Sector 16, from where he was later discharged.
The accused, Sukhdev Singh, was arrested for rash driving and causing hurt by endangering life of a person. He was later released on bail.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow