One-day fast against ‘Pandya murder’
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
Janaksinh Parmar, the complainant in the murder of former home minister of Gujarat and BJP leader Haren Pandya, will hold one-day fast on Sunday near Gandhi Ashram in Paldi area. "The protest is against the silence of state government in the Pandya murder as well as alleged corruption in the government departments," he said. After the Gujarat High Court found the accused in the case innocent nothing has been done to find out the real culprit, hence the protest.
Man shoots self in Palanpur
Ahmedabad: A 30-year-old man allegedly shot himself in Palanpur area of Banaskantha district on Friday. The victim has been identified as Vishnu Suthar, an architect. He used to work in Ahmedabad and a week ago he had gone home to meet his brother. He shot himself in his head with a gun owned by his brother, police said.
'Probe lathicharge on women in A'bad'
AHMEDABAD: AHMEDABAD: Peoples Union for Civil Liberties (PUCL) and Ahmedabad Women Action Group (AWAG) have demanded a probe into the lathicharge on women who had assembled outside the office of the Gujarat Housing Board on August 27 to get application forms for houses.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'