One-year-old chokes to death in bucket full of water
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
A one-year-old boy drowned in a bucket of water after he fell into it while playing in a relative's house in Rahatni on Monday afternoon.
The deceased child has been identified as Samir Arjunkumar Kevat, said Sangvi police. Police said his parents are labourers and had come to stay in Shahunagar from Chhattisgarh few years ago. A police officer said on Monday morning after Samir's father went to work, his mother took him to a relative's residence in Rahatani.
In the afternoon, Samir's mother and relatives went to sleep in the house. "Samir went near the bucket and fell into it. When some of the relatives got up, they found his head was down in the bucket and he was not breathing. Relatives and neighbours took him to Yashwantrao Chavan Memorial Hospital in Chinchwad where he was declared dead on arrival, police said.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet