One-year-old drowns in plastic tub in Nigdi
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
A one-year-old baby girl drowned in a plastic tub at her house at Yamunanagar in Nigdi on Saturday.
Nigdi police have identified the deceased girl as Wani Nitesh Kumar. Police said that the incident took place at 8 am a few minutes after her mother bathed her.
Assistant police inspector Prakash Jadhav of Yamunanagar police chowky said, "As per the statement of her mother, she bathed Wani in a plastic tub in the house. After the bath, she went out of the bathroom for some work and left Wani playing in the tub water. A few minutes later she was found drowned in the tub. She was rushed to the hospital but was declared dead on arrival."
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations