ONGC to start peak KG gas production from 2012-13
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC), which is under attack from the petroleum ministry and the directorate of hydrocarbons (DGH) for production decline of onshore assets and slow pace monetising marginal fields, on Wednesday indicated that it would to start peak production of 25 million cubic meter per day of gas from its block in the Krishna-Godavari (KG) block off the east coast during 2012-13.
ONGC had estimated an initial output of 12 million cubic metre per day from the KG-DWN-98/2 block though it has revised it after the recent Geological and Geophysical (G&G) appraisal. The company has already submitted its report in this regard to the directorate general of hydrocarbons (DGH). This was announced by the ONGC chairman and managing director RS Sharma and its director (exploration) RK Pande at the press conference here.
ONGC is targeting 2008 for submitting the development. The company has entered into collaboration with Norsk Hydro of Norway and Petrobras of Brazil to bring them as equity partners in the block for the development of the finds.
Sharma said that the company was gearing up for its participation in the bidding process under new exploration licensing policy -VII which is expected to begin from November 5. On production decline of onshore assets, Sharma said that it was an international phenomenon.
However, he added that most of the ONGC's fields were more than 30 years old and average crude oil production peer well is 53 barrle per day. Twenty of the total 188 onshore fields of ONGC contribute 70% of the reserves and 80.5% of the onshore oil production.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held