Opium worth Rs 25 lakh, heroin worth Rs 17.50 lakh recovered
- BCCI says it can't control bookies, promises to 'fix' guilty players
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
The anti-narcotic and anti-illicit liquor wing seized 25 kg opium worth Rs 25 lakh from a tea stall owner, Kuldeep Kumar, on late Saturday night near Satsang Bhawan on Phambran road.
The accused was carrying the contraband on a scooter. A case has been registered at Basti Jodhewal police station.
Addressing a press conference on Sunday, ADCP (crime) Harmohan Singh Sandhu said the accused was coming from Phambran road. On seeing the police, he tried to flee, but his scooter broke down.
In another case, the anti-narcotic and anti-illicit liquor smuggling wing arrested Rakesh alias Vicky, 34, of Kochar Market and recovered 35 gm heroin worth Rs 17.50 lakh near Cheema Chowk on Saturday.
The ADCP (crime) said the accused was a drug addict and interrogation was on to know about his suppliers.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet