Orignal script's co-writer Salim Khan demands Rs. 6 crores from Zanjeer makers
Apoorva Lakhia's version of Zanjeer starring Ram Charan Teja and Priyanka Chopra is almost complete but the makers are still in a state of limbo owing to copyright issues.
Veteran writer Salim Khan (who co-wrote the original Amitabh Bachchan starrer Zanjeer along with Javed Akhtar) has demanded a compensation of Rs. 6 crores as royalty from Reliance Entertainment and Amit Mehra (producers of Zanjeer remake).
Salim Khan has taken up the case with the Scriptwriter's Association demanding a fair share of royalty. Khan stated that he and Javed Akhtar had the copyright to the script of Zanjeer which they had licensed to late filmmaker Prakash Mehra even stating that if the film were to be remade again they would be eligible for royalty. Salim Khan is demanding a royalty of Rs. 3 crore for the Hindi version and another Rs. 3 crore for the Telugu version.
It remains to be seen how the producers of Zanjeer remake react to this demand.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow