Orissa govt launches Palli Sabhas
Aiming to reach the poorest of poor, the Naveen Patnaik government on Tuesday started Palli Sabhas and Gram Sabhas in 48,000 villages under 6,236 gram panchayats through which several developmental projects and schemes such as NREGS, Nirmal Bharat Abhiyan and old age pension would be executed.
The programme termed "Gram Sabha Shashaktikaran Karyakrama" would continue till October 18 and give the grampanchayats a say in selecting the beneficiaries of Indira Awaas Yojna, Mo Kudia Yojana, projects under Backward Region Grant Fund, Gopabandhu Gramin Yojana and construction of Cement Concrete Roads.
The Palli Sabhas, to be continued till October 12, will be followed by Gram Sabhas in these villages for two days on October 17 and 18.
The departments whose projects would be discussed by the Palli Sabha and Gram Sabha are panchayati raj, culture & tourism, health & family welfare, rural development, labour & employment, SC & ST development, school & mass education and women & child development.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow