Orthopaedic study conducted
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
With the increasing number of accidents in Pune, the Sancheti Institute in collaboration with McMaster University, Canada, recently concluded a study to evaluate the characteristics and treatment of patients with fractures presenting to the emergency department across hospitals in India. Dr. Chetan Pradhan, Assistant medical director and head of the trauma department of the Sancheti institute has now been invited to the Orthopaedic Trauma Assosciation Conference, to be held in Minneapolis ,USA to deliver a lecture on the study. "With over 1300 patients recruited, our research centre aimed at understanding the standard of medical care prevalent in our country with an emphasis in difference of outcomes between private and public sectors," he said.
World Elders Day observed
World Elders Day was observed recently and according to the report released on October 1 by UNFPA and HelpAge International on Ageing in the 21 st Century, by 2050 in India women over 60 years would exceed the number of elderly men by 18.4 million. "The population of the elderly is increasing at 3.9 per cent as compared to 1.9 per cent of the total population. As per HelpAge's India study on Elder abuse, 31 per cent of the elderly interviewed reported facing abuse. The report has recommended the inclusion of the ageing and needs of the elderly in all national development policies," a statement issued by HelpAge stated.
Skin and hair diagnosis
Dr Niteen Dhepe, of Skin City PG Institute spoke to media persons recently on the latest trends in hair transplantation and how diagnosis and treatment of all dermatological and trichology related problems is possible. Dhepe explained various methods such as Follicular Unit Hair Transplant (FUT) technology, Follicular Unit Extraction FUE and the Low laser therapy for hair transplant, how it is different, much easier and better and more economical on the pocket. Skin City Clinic was invited to the Mexico World Congress of Cosmetic Dermatology to speak on the long term results of laser hair removal in Indian skin.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'