Osama’s killing scared IM suspect Danish
- IPL spot-fixing case: Delhi Police to trace money trail in four cities
- PM-level talks: India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Kings XI Punjab vs Mumbai Indians
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah inducts 28 ministers, keeps tainted away
IM used Osama's video tapes and speeches to motivate the new recruits and Danish was one of them. But soon after Osama's killing, Danish started fearing for his life.
The killing left a deep impression in his mind and he started disassociating himself from IM and top operative Yasin Bhatkal, reveals the interrogation report of Danish.
According to interrogators, Danish was roped in by Yasin and given training first at a factory in Delhi's Meer Vihar and a hideout at Saramohanpur near Darbhanga between 2010 and 2011. The two first met at Al-Hira library in Darbhanga, which Danish used to frequent. Yasin had introduced himself as a hakim.
"After Osama's killing, Danish was scared. He thought he will meet a similar fate as his role model Osama," said a senior official.
Questioning of Danish also revealed that it was Yasin who gave money to other members of the group to meet daily expenses.
The NIA has also learnt that alleged IM operative Aftab Alam alias Farooq, arrested this week, had stayed with Yasin at the rented accommodation at Saramohanpur. Farooq was first arrested by Delhi Police in December 2011. Besides Farooq and Yasin, Waqas and Daniyal alias Tabrez , whose real identity is yet not clear, also stayed at this rented house, said officials.
Waqas and Tabrez are suspected Pakistani nationals and have been named by the Mumbai police in the 13/7 blasts.
According to the NIA, the trial IEDs for the Mumbai blasts in 2011 were assembled at this rented accommodation in Darbhanga. "Since Danish developed cold feet, he came back to Darbhanga without participating in the Mumbai blasts," an officialsaid.
After his arrest, Danish took investigators to the rented house and identified the places where the group led by Yasin practiced with the IEDs.
It is alleged that the Darbhanga module was also behind the 2010 Varanasi blasts, the 2010 Jama Masjid shooting and 2010 blast at Bangalore's Chinnaswamy Stadium.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations