Oscar nomination would be a dream: Katy Perry
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Pop star Katy Perry says she would be on cloud nine if she gets nominated for an Oscar for her song 'Wide Awake' from concert movie 'Part of Me 3D'.
The song was written for her 2012 concert movie, 'Katy Perry: Part of Me 3D', and could be in contention for an Academy Award nomination in the 'Original Song' category, reported Contactmusic.
"It's like a dream's dream. When I was growing up and working on music, it was always a dream to win a Grammy, but Oscar was so far out of my dream sphere.
"This would be a nomination of a completely different calibre. One that is more impressive than many other ones I've had. It's interesting to step out of your playing field and to be recognised from a different angle. It would be an honour," she said.
Singer Adele is also rumoured to be in contention for an Oscar for her haunting song 'Skyfall' from the recent James Bond film of the same name.
The 2013 Oscar nominations will be revealed on January 10 and the ceremony will take place on February 24.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'