Oscar Pistorius' love for 'beautiful women, guns and fast cars' revealed
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
Paralympic and Olympic star Oscar Pistorius, who has been venerated worldwide for his courageous fight against disability, has a rocky private life that is full of rash behaviour, and the Blade runner is also fond of beautiful women, guns and fast cars.
The charismatic 26-year-old sprinter became the first double amputee ever to compete at an Olympics in London last year. The global celebrity and champion for disabled sport uses two carbon-fiber running blades, which earned him the soubriquet 'Blade Runner' and 'fastest man on no legs'.
However, Pistorius' playboy private life has courted controversy, and in 2009 he spent a night in jail after allegedly assaulting a 19-year-old woman at a party, Sport24 reports. Pistorius' ex-girlfriend Samantha Taylor had claimed last November that the South African sprint star is certainly not what people think he actually is.
After breaking up with Taylor, Pistorius then started going out with model Reeva Steenkamp, who was found shot four times in Pistorius's Pretoria home on Thursday.
Pistorius has also been open about his love for guns, as the sprinter told a British daily last year that he slept with a pistol, machine gun, cricket bat and baseball bat at his up market home in a secure Pretoria estate for fear of burglars, the paper reported.
Off the track, Pistorius has a passion for motorbikes, adrenalin and speed, the paper said. Pistorius' trainer Jannie Brooks had revealed last year that the sprinter likes fast cars and every time he comes here to train, he had another car, adding he is just built for speed because the cars have an amazing performance.
Four years ago he crashed his boat in a river south of Johannesburg, breaking two ribs, an eye socket and his jaw. Empty alcohol bottles were found in the boat, but his blood alcohol content wasn't tested.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow