Oslo officials claim child had burn marks, sentencing today
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
The Indian couple facing criminal charges of "gross or repeated maltreatment" of their seven-year-old son will be sentenced Tuesday even as the prosecution termed the case as "very serious" and justified their arrest ahead of the court verdict.
"There were burn marks and scars on the body of the child, who has also been beaten by the belt," said Kurt Lir, head of prosecution, Oslo police department. "The sentencing is tomorrow. They are facing child abuse case and are charged with gross or repeated maltreatment of their child/ children by threats, violence or other wrong, under section 219," he said.
Asked why the police arrested the couple — V Chandra Sekhar, a software professional from Andhra Pradesh, and his wife Anupama — before the sentencing, Lir said it is feared that they would return to India. The prosecution has proposed a sentence of 15 months for the mother and 18 months for the father.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held