Out and about
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
A Musical Night
Celebrating its first anniversary, one of Bandra's favourite events, Live from the Console at Mehboob Studio, begins this evening with a screening of a Deep Purple Concert documentary. The live performances will begin with a set by singer/songwriter Ayush Shrestha, followed by the alternative funk/rock band The Family Cheese and finally, the alternative rock band, Blek. Entry is Rs 150.
At Mehboob Studio, Bandra, today, 6.30 pm onwards
Playing on emotions
Exploring themes of guilt, denial and fear, Wakeup Call is a play that centres around a bomb blast in Mumbai. It looks at the effects of violence on people and the responses of a community to tragedy. Presented by the Chilsag Chillies Theatre Company, the play is written by Sachin Gupta and this weekend will be the first staging of the play in Mumbai.
At ISKCON Auditorium, Juhu, July 21, 8 pm
A new Whiskey Prestige Menu at Ziya, the Indian restaurant at The Oberoi, presents a multi-course tasting menu with each course paired with a different single malt. Among the many dishes on the menu are fiery fish hirvi, dhaba Punjabi chicken masala with potato tikki and smoked bevda prawns. Desserts include whiskey and coffee mousse and these, too, will be served with a single malt.
At Ziya, The Oberoi, Nariman Point, 12.30 pm to 2.30 pm and 7 pm to 11.30 pm
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow