Outrage over The Bible's Satan 'resembling' President Barack Obama
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Imperious Azhar Mahmood powers KXIP to 183
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- 5 differently abled orphan girls beaten, raped in Jaipur residential school
History Channel's new series 'The Bible' has created a furore after the actor portraying Satan's role in a recent episode reportedly resembled US President Barack Obama.
The devil was played by actor Medhi Ouzaani, and the similarity could be a casting coincidence.
Right-wing commentator Glenn Beck was one of the first to point out the similarity, tweeting, "Anyone else think the Devil in #TheBible Sunday on History Channel looks exactly like That Guy?"
Another Twitter user said, "Oh my word... watching The History Channel's The Bible. Does Satan look familiar to anyone else?"
"Watching The Bible series on the History channel and noticed the guy playing the role of Satan, looks strikingly similar to Obama," said another user.
The incident echoes the furore of HBO's inclusion of George W Bush's head impaled on a stick during season one of Game of Thrones.
After producers pointed out the 'cameo' in DVD commentary, the network froze shipments of box sets and halted sales on iTunes until the offending head was removed.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations