Over 125 units of blood collected by Aggarwal Sabha
The Aggarwal Sabha, Chandigarh, celebrated Agrasen Jayanti at Aggarwal Bhawan in Sector 30. A blood donation camp was organised in the morning which was inaugurated by Assistant Estate Officer Rahul Gupta. Over 125 units of blood were collected.
Aggarwal Sabha has taken the initiative to impart skills to students from economically weaker sections so that they can gain employment. Certificates were distributed to students of computer courses and the stitching centre.
All the office bearers of Aggarwal Sabha were present on the occasion. An eye donation desk was also set up and 30 people pledged to donate their eyes after their death.
In the evening a traditional cultural programme was organized where the main attraction was the rendition of 'bhajans'. Sunil Gupta, general secretary of the Sabha, read out the annual report highlighting all activities conducted by the Sabha in the past year.
These included free ambulance service, free computer education, scholarship for poor students, widow pension, financial aid for medical treatment and marriages of poor Aggarwal girls .
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow