Over 170 cops transferred in pre-poll shuffle
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
The Gujarat Police transferred 178 inspectors on Friday who completed more than three years at their present postings, as per the Election Commission manual.
Four inspectors, who are allegedly involved in the Sadiq Jamal and Ishrat Jahan encounter cases, were transferred to special agencies.
G H Gohil, who was part of the encounter team that gunned down Sadiq, was transferred to CID Intelligence in Gandhinagar.
Similarly, alleged suspects in the Ishrat case R L Patel was shifted to ACB in Ahmedabad from Navsari, B H Chavda, posted in Kutch, was shifted to Vadodara city while K S Desai, posted in ACB, was also shifted to Vadodara city.
Other 37 inspectors from Ahmedabad were transferred to various cities.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations