Over 230 candidates file nominations for Himachal polls
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Over 230 candidates, including Chief Minister P K Dhumal, seven ministers, 12 former ministers and about 60 BJP and Congress candidates filed nominations for Himachal Pradesh Legislative Assembly elections.
Apart from Dhumal, Sarveen Chowdhary, Ravinder Singh Ravi, Krishan Kapoor, Ishwar Dass Dhiman, Gulab Singh and Jai Ram Thakur, who are all ministers, entered the fray on the penultimate day of filing nominations.
Former ministers G S Bali, Asha Kumari, Shyama Sharma, B B L Butail and Roop Singh, former Speaker Radha Raman Shashtri and president of Himachal Lokhit Party Maheshwar Singh also filed their nomination papers.
Sitting BJP MLAs, Roop Singh and Khushi Ram Balnatah filed their nominations as Independent and HLP candidates from Sundernagar and Kusumpti constituencies respectively.
Maximum number of eleven candidates filed nominations from Dehra while nine candidates entered the fray from Gagret, followed by Chintpurni, Palampur and Akri (seven each) and Sujanpur and Kangra (six each).
Sudha Sushant, wife of sitting BJP MP from Kangra Chamba constituency, filed her nomination as an independent candidate from Fatehpur Assembly segment after she was denied a BJP ticket to contest the polls.
HPCC chief and former chief minister Virbhadra Singh would file his nominations from Shimla(Rural) constituency today.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held