Over 3,000 IAS, IPS posts vacant
Over 3,000 posts of IAS and IPS are lying vacant in the country, the government has said.
Of the total of 3,032 vacancies, 1,777 are in Indian Administrative Service (IAS) and 1,255 in Indian Police Service (IPS), Minister of State of Personnel V Narayanasamy told Rajya Sabha in a written reply yesterday.
The total authorised strength of IAS is 6,154 and IPS is 3,475.
"The government has increased annual intake of IAS and IPS officers under Direct Recruitment (DR) quota. In promotion quota, prompt actions have been taken for holding of Selection Committee meeting for selection of state service officers to
IAS and IPS," he said.
Replying to another question, Narayanasamy said of the total vacancies of IAS officers, a maximum of 216 are in Uttar Pradesh, 128 in Bihar, 118 in Madhya Pradesh, 116 in Arunachal Pradesh-Goa-Mizoram-Union Territories (AGMUT), 112 in Rajasthan and 100 in Jharkhand cadre among others.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow