Over 7 lakh teaching posts under Sarva Shikhsa Abhiyan vacant
Over seven lakh teaching posts sanctioned under the Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan are vacant across the country, the Human Resource Development ministry today said.
"Under the Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan, a total of 19.82 lakh teacher posts have been sanctioned till 2012-13 since inception, against which 12.48 lakh teachers have been recruited by states/UTs, leaving 7.34 lakh vacancies," Minister of state in the HRD ministry Shashi Tharoor said.
"In addition, the states/UTs have reported 5,65,905 vacancies up to March 2012 against teacher posts borne on the state budget," he said in response to a question in Rajya Sabha.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow