Over 800 drunk teenagers gatecrash UK girl’s 14th birthday party over Facebook ad
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
Hordes of boozed up teenagers reportedly gate-crashed a UK girl's 14th birthday party after it had been advertised on Facebook.
Mum Esther Hine, 56, said she faced a 30,000-pound repair bill after over 800 uninvited youngsters stormed into daughter Sarah's party in their five-bedroom house in Billericay, Essex.
Doors were ripped off their hinges and almost all of the furniture was smashed as Esther tried in vain to keep control, the Daily Mirror reports.
A neighbour said: "It was like Belfast in the 1970s out there. It was terrifying to see in the quiet road. Hundreds of people were out to cause trouble."
Esther claimed that the party was only meant to be for Sarah's school friends.
"I am stunned. There must be 20,000 to 30,000 pounds of damage but insurance won't pay out because we invited them in. There wasn't supposed to be drink but police said they confiscated an unbelievable amount of alcohol," she said.
According to the report, vulgar graffiti was scrawled around the house, and witnesses said one of the teenagers who got into the loft plunged through the ceiling into a bedroom.
The two-hour rampage was finally ended when police broke up the party after calls from worried neighbours, the report said.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations