His dog was mauling my child to death but he was on phone: Mother
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
11-month-old Dhanlaxmi's mom alleges that he 'made no effort to stop the vicious attack'
A day after a full-grown pet Labrador, reportedly a world running champion, mauled an 11-month-old girl to death in East Delhi's Kondli area, her family on Thursday alleged that the dog's owner was busy talking on his cellphone and "made no effort to stop the vicious attack".
By the time neighbours managed to pull Dhanlaxmi, the only child born to Chitra Gupta after 14 years of marriage, out of the dog's "inch-long fangs", she turned blue and died.
Recounting the incident, Gupta said: "A neighbour's son, 12-year-old Ravi, took my daughter to play outside our house. But after five minutes, he came running and told me that a dog has attacked Dhanlaxmi. I ran outside and saw the dog holding my daughter by its teeth and running around."
"It's a big dog with huge fangs and people were scared of going near him. I cried for help and asked the dog's owner Rajat, who was standing there, to do something. He was on the phone and ignored me. He made no effort to stop the vicious attack," she said.
She also alleged that Rajat caught hold of the dog's leash a while later, but did nothing to pull the child out of the dog's jaws. "I was standing there helplessly witnessing the horrific attack. Instead of rescuing my daughter, Rajat said he would unleash the dog on me if I dare to come near," she alleged.
"Soon, people gathered with sticks and bricks, and managed to overpower the dog. It took another couple of minutes to forced the dog to let my daughter go," she said.
Dhanlaxmi was bitten all over and was bleeding profusely. She was taken to Metro Hospital, where doctors declared her dead on arrival.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'