Oz MasterChef judge loves jalebi, plans to put it on his menu
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
The mouthwatering sweet and succulent jalebi has found an ardent admirer in Gary Mehigan, chef judge at the cooking reality show Masterchef, which has acquired immense popularity in India.
On his first visit to the country, Gary today explored the crowded and narrow lanes of the Chandni Chowk market in Old Delhi settling down to a jalebi treat at one of its famous sweatmeat shop.
"I have been eating jalebies for the past three days but this one is by far the best. It is so much smooth, so yummy. There is so much history in it" says Gary as he sunk his teeth into the juicy sweet.
Australian cooking sensations Gary and George Calombaris are on a visit to the country as part of the four-month long Oz Fest celebrations showcasing the diversity of the continent in India.
With George not well, it was just Gary who participated in the tour around the 'galis' of the historical Old Delhi savouring some sweets and enjoying the attention that locals were showering on him attracted by a posse of TV cameras directed at him.
"I am taking the recipe of the Jalebi with me and I will try to make a fusion out of it," said Gary.
Abhishek Jain who owns the Jalabiwala shop and claims to have been in business for the past 15 years and is the fifth generation of his family to do says, "It was so chaotic that I was not able to understand how to mange things. My wife is a big fan of Gary as she watches Masterchef and I wanted to take his autograph for my wife but because of the chaos I was unable to do so."
Previously Jain has seen the likes of Preity Zinta and Priyanka Chopra visit his shop.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow