Padma awards announced
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
The Padma Awards were announced on the eve of Republic Day on Friday.
Veteran theater actor and singer Jaymala Shiledar, tabla player Pandit Suresh Talwalkar and entrepreneur Milind Kamble are amongst the Puneites who will be receiving Padma Shri award this year.
Poet Mangesh Padgaonkar , veteran cooperative sector leader Shivajirao Patil, artist Kanak Rele and health expert Dr Nandkishore Laud from Maharashtra are the recipients of Padma Bhushan awards.
Actor Nana Patekar, social activist Nileema Mishra, Dr Rajendra Badwe, Dr Sharad Kale, Deepak Phatak and Sudha Malhotra are among other noted personalities from the state who have won Padma Shri.
Talwalkar was in the middle of his performance when the organisers came up with a bouquet of flowers. He said that for him blessings of his gurus and parents were the biggest form of recognition.
Kirti, daughter of Jaymala Shiledar, told Newsline on behalf of her mother, said the her mother dedicated her whole life to Sangeet Natak. (musical drama) and the award was a recognition of her life-long commitment to the art-form. Shivajirao Patil said the Padma award conferred upon him was recognition for his efforts in field of cooperative sector during last six decades.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow