Paediatrics meet organised in city
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
A scientific session was organised by Deep Hospital, Model Town, Ludhiana, on the occasion of the inauguration of the Department of Paediatric Critical Care on Tuesday.
About 100 paediatricians from all over Punjab participated, Deep Hospital Medical Superintendent Dr Baldeep Singh emphasised the need of paediatric critical care in this region as it is still at an infant stage, with limited resources. The department is headed by Paediatric Intensivist Dr Navdeep Goyal. Dr Krishan Chugh, director of Institute of Child Health, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi, was the guest speaker on the occasion.
He stressed the need for early diagnosis and management of shock to decrease mortality.
DMCH Principal and Professor of Pediatrics Dr Daljit Singh was the chief guest.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held