Pak will disintegrate in 15-20 years: Experts
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Lt Gen (Retd) D B Shekatkar said on Friday that Pakistan will disintegrate in next 15-20 years. He was delivering a lecture on How Should India Respond to Pakistani Army's Killing of Indian Soldiers at LoC.
He was speaking at an event organised by Forum for Integrated National Security (FINS) of which Shekatkar is the president.
"At the given moment, there are 68 nations across the globe where war-like situation is prevalent. The worst sufferers of such circumstances are women and children. Through the forum we appeal to citizens that they should secure themselves. At the same time, a dialogue with the enemy is very important," Shekatkar said.
Sharing his views, Lt Gen (retd) V M Patil said, "It is the Army and the ISI that run Pakistan government. The western world has been engineering disintegration of Pakistan, which will happen sooner or later. The United States and the other western countries are interested in getting hold of Pakistan's nuclear arsenal that is in possession of the Pakistan Army. The day they acquire it, the US will drop Pakistan like a wet cloth. The Indian diplomacy should be able to handle China and US."
The lectures were followed by an interactive session.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'