Pakistan beats Australia by 7 wicket in T20
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings
- Just in: Pune Warriors withdraw from the Indian Premier League
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
Sohail Tanvir guided Pakistan to a crushing seven-wicket victory over Australia in their first Twenty20 match on Wednesday, restricting the opposition to its second lowest total ever in the format.
Australia was all out for 89, while Pakistan cruised to 90-3 with 31 balls to spare as the three-match series got underway.
Opener Shane Watson, back from a calf injury, was bowled for 8 in the third over and was soon followed by Michael Hussey for 1.
Only David Warner (22), Cameron White (15) and George Bailey (14) reached double figures, with Australia scoring three fours and no sixes.
Tanvir took 3-13, while captain Mohammad Hafeez, Saeed Ajmal and Raza Hasan claimed two wickets each. Kamran Akmal top-scored with 31.
Australia's lowest T20 score was 79 against England in 2005.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held