PAKSCAN: Over 700 being held without trial: AG
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians continue to lose wickets
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Over 700 being held without trial: AG
Islamabad: Pakistani security agencies are holding at least 700 people indefinitely without trial in connection with the "war on terror", the country's top law officer informed the Supreme Court Thursday. Attorney General Irfan Qadir made the disclosure before a three-judge bench, led by CJ Iftikhar Chaudhry, hearing the case of seven men detained without charges by intelligence agencies since May 2010.
SC begins probe into graft officer's death
Islamabad: Pakistan Supreme Court Thursday launched a probe into the mysterious death of Kamran Faisal, an NAB official probing corruption charges against Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf, and issued notices to several senior officials. The bench directed authorities to provide footage from CCTV cameras at Federal Lodges, the hostel where Faisal was living, footage of his body, the autopsy report and a record of the police probe.
3 cops, including DSP, killed in blasts
Islamabad: Three policemen, including a senior officer, were killed and several injured in two bomb blasts that occurred within minutes in the southern port city of Karachi Thursday, officials said. The first blast took place at a garbage dump in Landhi area Thursday evening. Officials told TV news channels Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Kamal Khan Mangan was among three policemen killed in the attack.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held