PAN card agent held for raping client
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Madras High Court issues notice to BCCI, Sports Minister over IPL spot-fixing
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- Govt further cuts import tariff value of gold
The Santacruz police on Thursday arrested a 36-year-old man for allegedly raping a 19-year-old woman in a hotel room on Wednesday.
According to the police, the accused identified as Khan Salamuddin is a PAN card agent who lured the girl, who works as household help, to a hotel claiming he would help her get her a PAN card issued in her name.
Santacruz police said the victim works as a domestic help in a Bandra house. She wanted to make a PAN card and contacted her aunt, who stays in the same locality, for an agent's number. Police officers probing the case said that the victim's aunt gave her the number of the accused, and asked her to meet him and get her PAN card made.
"The victim called up the agent who introduced himself as Khan. The agent then asked the victim to reach Hotel Prince near Santacruz railway station along with documents," said an officer from the Santacruz police station.
The police said that the victim reached the hotel and met Khan, he asked her to go with him to the hotel room, where he allegedly raped her. The victim approached police and registered a case against Khan.
On Thursday, police arrested Khan and booked him for rape. The police are now conducting investigations to ascertain whether the victim's aunt is involved in any way, and whether the aunt ran a racket of sending victims to Khan and others.
Bizwoman robbed of Rs 1.26 lakh in Andheri
Priti Goyal (34), a businesswoman from Indore in Madhya Pradesh, was assaulted and robbed of her purse containing valuables worth 1.26 lakh by two bike-borne men in Andheri (West) around 11.20 pm Wednesday while she was going toward Juhu in a rickshaw with husband.
DN Nagar Police said the incident took place near Ganesh Chowk on Link Road.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow