Panchayat poll near, Didi warns partymen
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
She also directed that several block committees, district committees and student bodies will have to be reconstituted.
She said that the worst phase for the Trinamool Congress after winning the 2011 polls is over. "We have waded through many odds and at the end of 10 months I now feel confident that the communists cannot dislodge us."
Ridiculing the communists, she said: "The CPM has become like Dodo birds, an extinct species. They will not be able to come back in Bengal in the next 100 years," said Banerjee .
She said a section of the media was out to malign the government. "The media is picking up small things and blowing those out of proportions. They are curious see if we are having rice and salt or rice and prawns at home. So, do not do things that will affect the image of the party," she said and went on to add: "Give the party offices the image of a Ramakrishna Mission ashram or give it the aura of Ajmer Sharif so that people love and respect the TMC party offices."
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow