Panel recommends Bhendi Bazaar redevelopment for environmental nod
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
Currently, SBUT has commenced work on shifting the project-affected people to plush transit camps in Mazgaon and Byculla and demolishing buildings in a cluster.
Bhendi Bazaar redevelopment will transform the 200-year-old market into a planned neighbourhood of swanky highrises.
The redevelopment project, being undertaken by Saifee Burhani Upliftment Trust (SBUT), will contain eight clusters of buildings for 20,000-odd residents
It is expected to be completed in 2023
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations