Parliament panel seeks probe into Bt Brinjal
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
The committee has suggested that the government go beyond the proposed Bio-technology Regulatory Authority mechanism and come out with an "all encompassing umbrella legislation on bio-safety" without any further delay to ensure bio-safety, biodiversity, human and livestock health, environmental protection.
In another suggestion, the committee has asked the government to immediately issue a regulation for labeling of genetically modified products.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM