Parliamentary panel raps Tea Board on unscrupulous exports
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Madras High Court issues notice to BCCI, Sports Minister over IPL spot-fixing
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- Govt further cuts import tariff value of gold
The Parliamentary Standing Committee on Commerce has criticised the Tea Board for failing to check unscrupulous exporters importing cheap tea and re-exporting under false certificate as Tea of Indian Origin.
The panel, which laid down its 102nd report on "Performance of the Plantation Sector - Tea and Coffee Industry" in Parliament recently, said: "The committee is gravely concerned over the unpreparedness of the department (read the ministry and Tea Board) to deal with unscrupulous exporters importing cheap tea from other countries and re-exporting it without any significant value addition under the false certificate as Tea of Indian Origin".
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow