Partial BJP list may be out on Monday
BJP will announce on Monday a partial list of its candidates, at least 20 of them, for the first phase of polls due on December 13.
The full list for the first phase will be declared by November 23, a day ahead of the last date of filing nominations.
Several ministers from Saurashtra region may find their names in the first list. While national BJP's vice-president Purshottam Rupala is unlikely to contest this time, Finance Minister Vajubhai Vala, Vasuben Trivedi, Kanubhai Bhalala and Mohanbhai Kundaria could be fielded, say party sources.
For BJP, the focus will be on Saurashtra region. The ruling party also faces a problem in Bhavnagar's Mahuva constituency, where its rebel MLA Kanubhai Kalsaria is in no mood to compromise with the official BJP leadership. Kalsaria may field independent candidates in some constituencies of the area.
State BJP spokesperson I K Jadeja said all the names would be announced by November 23.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow