Partly-burnt body of 25-yr-old found at uncle’s house
- BCCI says it can't control bookies, promises to 'fix' guilty players
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
The Aligarh police found partly-burnt body of a 25-year-old youth, Rakesh Kumar, from an under-construction house in Kwarsi locality on Sunday. The house belongs to Rakesh's uncle Subhash.
Rakesh, who was pursuing graduation from Varshney Degree College, was staying in the house along with his cousin Ajeet. The police said Rakesh was alone in the house when the incident took place.
Acting Station Officer of Kwarsi Vinod Kumar said after Rakesh was first killed and then an attempt was made to burn the body by pouring kerosene on it and setting it on fire. The body was around 60 per cent burnt. "We believe acid was also used for burning but the picture would be clear after the post mortem examination report", said Vinod Kumar.
He said the matter came to light when one of the neighbours visited the house for some work and found the half-burnt body lying inside.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet