Parvinder is PU controller of examinations
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Following Punjab and Haryana High Court directions, syndicate members of Panjab Univerity, in a meeting on Saturday, reconsidered the appointment of the Controller of Examinations and unanimously approved the appointment of Dr Parvinder Singh to the post.
Approval for selections to the posts of professor and associate professor, in the Dr H S J Institute of Dental Sciences and Hospital that was deferred in the last Syndicate meeting was also approved by majority vote on Saturday.
The members also decided that the present scheme of re-employment of teachers for a period of three years after superannuation can now be extended by another two years, effectively allowing them to work till 65 years of age. The extension, however, would be recommended only if a teacher receives a positive assessment and the Vice-Chancellor has been authorised to work out the parameters, on which, the assessment will be made.
The syndicate also approved initiating teachers' evaluation system and agreed that only students who have 75 per cent attendance and have no compartment papers will be allowed to make teachers' evaluation, which will remain purely between the students and the teachers concerned.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet