Patient's death causes mob fury, rural hospital chief thrashed
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
- Spot-Fixing: Sreesanth reveals bookies lured India players with cars, women
- Jagan Reddy case: Accused Andhra ministers Sabitha, Dharmana Rao resign
Incensed over the death of a patient a mob beat up a rural hospital superintendent, manhandled two nurses and ransacked furniture at Kalna in Burdwan district late last night.
Police said alleging Mansur Gain (41) of Kalinagar locality, who had died of hepatitis at the Kalna Hospital, was a victim of negligence, Gain's family and neighbours turned on the hospital staff and were joined by some locals.
The crowd also beat up superintendent Abhirup Mondal severely and he had a bleeding nose.
Two nurses were manhandled by the mob which dispersed only after a big police contingent arrived from Kalna police station.
Two persons have been detained in connection with the incident.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'