Patwari seeks CBI probe against cops for false case
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, seeks SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
Chandigarh:Showing no faith in the Punjab Police and alleging that the office of the Director General of Police is helping policemen accused of registering a false case against him, a patwari (revenue official) moved the Punjab and Haryana High Court on Monday demanding a CBI probe.Mohan Singh has demanded the CBI probe based on a report submitted by IAS officer Kahan Singh Pannu in April this year in which the latter had recommended action against errant policemen for registering a false case against the patwari.
Expedite rape case hearings: CJ
Chandigarh:Chief Justice Arjan Kumar Sikri on Monday asked lower courts in Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh to ensure "expeditious disposal" of rape and dowry death cases. In an official communication, he also directed the session courts to send reports on rape and dowry death cases by the "tenth of every month positively."
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'