PAU assured of financial aid, employees may lift dharna
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
Principal Secretary (Finance) Satish Chandra has assured Punjab Agricultural University Vice-Chancellor Baldev Singh Dhillon of enhancing the budget of the university for 2013-14 and providing additional grant for the payment of arrears according to revised pay scales.
The assurance was given at a meeting on Thursday.
The V-C has discussed the matter with the executive members of Non-teaching Employees' Union, and appealed to them to lift their dharna in view of the assurance given by the government. He said the government would provide additional funds for the payment of the arrears but showed his inability to give the details.
Lakhwinder Singh Sandhu, senior vice-president, PAU Employees' Union, who have been on strike since the golden jubilee celebrations of PAU in 2012, said, "We have asked for a written assurance from the Vice-Chancellor and if he provides that by Monday, we will lift the dharna."
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow